Monday, December 10, 2012

Fitbit One - My Motivation to MOVE!


My wonderful husband, knowing that I love gadgets and wanting to help me get inspired to move more, purchased a fitbit one for me last month. I've worn my fitbit everyday and I love the reports, graphs and data that I get. I love that my fitbit syncs with MyFitnessPal. It also has an iPhone app where I'm able to keep track of my activity data throughout the day when I'm not near my computer. Below is an example of one of my weekly progress reports.


One of the first days I wore my fitbit I had around 8,000 steps and it was 8pm at night. Anyone who knows me also knows that around 9pm at night is the time that I'm usually ready for bed. :) This particular night I went with my husband and some of his friends to a Maryland basketball game (GO TERPS!) Not only did my husband walk up and down the stairs at the stadium so that I could get in additional stairs to make sure I would get my "10 floors" badge, but we also did laps of the stadium during half time! At the end of the game I had 9,458 steps, I was so close to my daily goal of 10,000 steps! He really wanted to make sure I was going to hit my step goal, so we walked around the parking lot and that was the first night I hit my 10,000 step goal.


The step goal that I have I set for myself, I can move it up or down based on how much activity I get in a day and how much I want to push myself. There is also an option to sign up for a premium account for $49.99 a year which has many options, one of which is a digital trainer that learns about my activity habits and then pushes me to gradually increase my movement over the course of 12 weeks. I personally don't have the premium account, but it is something that I have thought about getting in the future.

Please note: I was not compensated in any way to post this or share information. All thoughts are my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment