Saturday, December 8, 2012

Got word about my knee...

I went to see my Doctor again on Monday (I went back in May as well) because I started having  pain again around my knee. I know that in order to be able to stay active for any long period of time I need to figure out the cause of my knee pain and get it taken care of before it gets any worse. My doctor sent me for x-rays and it turns out that I have exostosis (the formation of new bone/cartilage on the surface of a bone) on my knee.

The next step is that I get to see an Orthopedic Doctor/Surgeon on Monday to discuss my options. I'm hoping that there are some nonsurgical options, because I'm really not looking forward to knee surgery. I have been reading online about exostosis - I know, nothing good comes of reading about medical conditions online - even though from everything I read it's outpatient and a short recovery.

In light of everything that has been going on this week with my knee pain, I've still been able to workout a good amount when I've felt that my body could handle it and I weighed in this morning down one (1) pound! :)


How was everyone's week? Anyone have first hand experience with knee surgery in the past?

Also, don't forget to check me out on Instagram. I've posted my picture for today's Holidayaday challenge (@livecraftsweat)!   

No comments:

Post a Comment